Fermanagh’s Great Wall: 36 flights of steps to the top of Cuilcagh Mountain. A new boardwalk, already dubbed by locals as Fermanagh’s “great wall” has recently been completed on Cuilcagh Mountain in Co. Fermanagh. The project began in the summer of 2014 with collaboration from local landowners, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency and Fermanagh District […]
Throughout the past year there have been strange sightings of stars in the Mourne Mountains, and I’m not talking about the recent filming for the HBO Game of Thrones series. The stars that have been spotted are large in size, made out of concrete and have been found in a number of places in and […]
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Eamonns solid foam mat might take up more pack space, but he’s never had to worry about a puncture or rough ground…… https://t.co/q42SmCwky3 10:34:17 AM September 20, 2017
- The North Down coastal path is a highly accessible yet scenic stroll. Great for easing knots out of the legs after…… https://t.co/SXCRaBgmEs 12:34:54 PM September 12, 2017
- Meelmore Lodge makes a fantastic gateway to the Mournes, with free parking well off the road and good grub ☀️⛺️⛰… https://t.co/zpSlGqNL5i 07:29:43 AM September 12, 2017
- It's hard to beat that feeling when you know the clouds over camp are about to clear https://t.co/CSj4pljLEg https://t.co/MpaVmX2UKs 01:58:26 PM September 09, 2017
- We camped out in the Western Mournes last night. We're happy to report the midges were not a problem. #mountains #…… https://t.co/XYiwpC86QO 08:51:21 AM September 06, 2017