Fermanagh’s Great Wall: 36 flights of steps to the top of Cuilcagh Mountain. A new boardwalk, already dubbed by locals as Fermanagh’s “great wall” has recently been completed on Cuilcagh Mountain in Co. Fermanagh. The project began in the summer of 2014 with collaboration from local landowners, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency and Fermanagh District […]
Throughout the past year there have been strange sightings of stars in the Mourne Mountains, and I’m not talking about the recent filming for the HBO Game of Thrones series. The stars that have been spotted are large in size, made out of concrete and have been found in a number of places in and […]
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Best of luck to Hikersblog team member Eamonn who’s taking part in the Mourne mountain marathon #hikersblog… https://t.co/Fv6pV347GM 09:20:54 PM September 14, 2018
- Sunrises in the Mourne’s are very special. #mournes #mournemountains https://t.co/GfmwlP63Mu https://t.co/9rX3WjrM2a 09:20:39 PM September 11, 2018
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018