The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
It’s been a pretty poor season for my hiking and outdoor activity recently. Work demands have played a big part in not getting the same time for the hills. I’m plagued with comparisons to my outdoor life last year in which I managed to get out and about far more often, increased my knowledge phenomenally […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Best of luck to Hikersblog team member Eamonn who’s taking part in the Mourne mountain marathon #hikersblog… https://t.co/Fv6pV347GM 09:20:54 PM September 14, 2018
- Sunrises in the Mourne’s are very special. #mournes #mournemountains https://t.co/GfmwlP63Mu https://t.co/9rX3WjrM2a 09:20:39 PM September 11, 2018
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018