Having missed out on the chance to join the rest of Hikersblog on the Burren way I pondered what misadventure I could get myself into. On Rusty’s recent Stag camp in Annalong woods, I scouted out a possible camping spot. On the side of the mighty Slieve Binnian, there are a number of ramparts, cliffs, that […]
The opportunity arose for me to field-test the Thermarest Neo-Air Voyager sleeping mat. I currently use the Thermarest Xtherm Max which has vastly improved my camping experience. I enjoyed taking a look at how the Voyager differs from the xTherm and how it compares in performance, comfort and weight. Winters chill could be felt as I approached […]
First Impressions Having never used an Osprey backpack before I looked forward to seeing if they lived up to the high expectations the Osprey brand carries with it. My previous pack the Vango Nanga served me well. How would the Osprey Aether 70 compare? My first impression of the Osprey Aether backpack was that […]
Over the past five months I’ve been putting the Lowa Renegade GTX Mid hiking boot to the test to see how it performs with Irish mountains,woodlands and trails. Before going into a performance review I’d like to mention how I found the boots out of the box. FIRST THOUGHTS Firstly the Renegade boot felt […]
The Omni-Freeze technical tee from Columbia intends to keep you cool and fresh in warmer climes. John has reviewed it here.
Lightweight microfleece pullover RRP £45 Over the past few months I’ve been trying out the Columbia Titan Pass half zip fleece – a light weight pullover fleece. With Winter fast approaching I was able to leave my down jacket at home during the warmer months and give the Columbia fleece a try. The Men’s Titan […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018
- John camped on on Douglas Crag in the Mourne’s last night. #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #camping… https://t.co/WE9SlRXUcB 02:20:50 PM July 07, 2018
- HikersBlogs youngest member is impressed with the size of the @vango_outdoor Zenith 100 https://t.co/qmzYXYgH3B https://t.co/cvsNlpMESa 05:20:44 PM July 05, 2018