The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
I heard a sharp pop coming from my rib cage before doubling over in the ring. My opponent stopped and made that screwed up face we all do when we realise someone’s hurt. I got back on the balls of my feet and played out the remaining 20 seconds of the round: mostly dancing. Trying […]
I have been thinking recently about the nature of adventure and the thin veil that separates the foolhardy from the genuinely adventurous. I have pondered what makes the difference from an adventure to an ordeal? From a safe and boring trek to a real adventure that nourishes the Soul.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017
- We camp out out all year round. #camping #hiking #getoutside https://t.co/HI7rNij5zS https://t.co/T4WuVB2Hhe 02:08:43 PM November 05, 2017
- The descent to Wee Binnian, Mourne mountains . #mournes #hiking #irish #mountains https://t.co/QJ2OryxsVA https://t.co/PoleaWLaZX 03:33:45 PM November 04, 2017
- The Shelter Stone is one of the best wild camping spots in the Mourne mountains #mournes #camping… https://t.co/N6fbjoz0Ie 09:33:22 PM October 20, 2017