The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
I heard a sharp pop coming from my rib cage before doubling over in the ring. My opponent stopped and made that screwed up face we all do when we realise someone’s hurt. I got back on the balls of my feet and played out the remaining 20 seconds of the round: mostly dancing. Trying […]
I have been thinking recently about the nature of adventure and the thin veil that separates the foolhardy from the genuinely adventurous. I have pondered what makes the difference from an adventure to an ordeal? From a safe and boring trek to a real adventure that nourishes the Soul.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018
- John camped on on Douglas Crag in the Mourne’s last night. #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #camping… https://t.co/WE9SlRXUcB 02:20:50 PM July 07, 2018
- HikersBlogs youngest member is impressed with the size of the @vango_outdoor Zenith 100 https://t.co/qmzYXYgH3B https://t.co/cvsNlpMESa 05:20:44 PM July 05, 2018