The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
I heard a sharp pop coming from my rib cage before doubling over in the ring. My opponent stopped and made that screwed up face we all do when we realise someone’s hurt. I got back on the balls of my feet and played out the remaining 20 seconds of the round: mostly dancing. Trying […]
OMM (Original Mountain Marathon) portray this 20 litre pack as a stripped down running rucksack aimed for fast paced days out, but how does it perform as a daysack for those less adrenaline addicted hikers that prefer a trek in the hills?
I have been thinking recently about the nature of adventure and the thin veil that separates the foolhardy from the genuinely adventurous. I have pondered what makes the difference from an adventure to an ordeal? From a safe and boring trek to a real adventure that nourishes the Soul.
So, last week saw me with an unexpected laptop fault, and this put a dent in my weekly budget. So much of a dent that I was left with £5 to my name. My weekly pay usually comes in on a Thursday night at midnight, and this is the money I usually use to travel […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- There's something about sunshine and trees which makes for a really relaxing combination ☀️☀️☀️🌲🌲🌲… https://t.co/pNXbSDTMaF 06:02:57 PM June 24, 2017
- Love the Mournes when the sun starts to set ❤️ https://t.co/B6tL7Gj50f https://t.co/HEOR84PkGD 09:20:50 PM June 22, 2017
- It was a windy one on Slieve Commedagh last night. At times when it cleared the view was worth getting blown aroun…… https://t.co/vw9qN8fKIP 03:56:19 PM June 11, 2017
- Eamonn and Matthew are taking in one hell of a sunset on Binnian tonight! #hiking #camping https://t.co/dUlFSnprPX https://t.co/GRAPxGNILm 09:26:55 PM May 28, 2017
- Waiting for this amazing weather to return ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/pLsr97Te4h https://t.co/F9LELOyfrX 11:09:08 AM May 21, 2017