When people first decide that they want to try their hand at spending a night outdoors in a bivi bag, the Alpkit Hunka is often of the most recommended choice. It’s a brilliant budget option and folds down into its own stuff sack, so it is easy to see why so many people recommend it. […]
A robust, high performance, breathable bivvy. Premium price and quite heavy – perfect for extended use. After a few less than satisfactory, clammy nights in my previous bivvy bag, I was in the market for something more waterproof, breathable and functional as an all-out tent replacement. I needed something which I could seal myself into […]
Running a little low on my annual leave count for the year, I decided it was time for a midweek camp without the need for time off work. I packed my 32L pack with my sleeping bag, bivvy, a stove and some food – and brought it to work with me for the day. The […]
It seems I’ve become something of a convert to the joy of a good bivvy lately. Even with the less than ideal weather lately, my Laser Comp seems to be doing little more than gathering dust in the gear cave that is my spare room. I got to thinking about why this is the case, […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018
- John camped on on Douglas Crag in the Mourne’s last night. #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #camping… https://t.co/WE9SlRXUcB 02:20:50 PM July 07, 2018
- HikersBlogs youngest member is impressed with the size of the @vango_outdoor Zenith 100 https://t.co/qmzYXYgH3B https://t.co/cvsNlpMESa 05:20:44 PM July 05, 2018