When people first decide that they want to try their hand at spending a night outdoors in a bivi bag, the Alpkit Hunka is often of the most recommended choice. It’s a brilliant budget option and folds down into its own stuff sack, so it is easy to see why so many people recommend it. […]
A robust, high performance, breathable bivvy. Premium price and quite heavy – perfect for extended use. After a few less than satisfactory, clammy nights in my previous bivvy bag, I was in the market for something more waterproof, breathable and functional as an all-out tent replacement. I needed something which I could seal myself into […]
Running a little low on my annual leave count for the year, I decided it was time for a midweek camp without the need for time off work. I packed my 32L pack with my sleeping bag, bivvy, a stove and some food – and brought it to work with me for the day. The […]
It seems I’ve become something of a convert to the joy of a good bivvy lately. Even with the less than ideal weather lately, my Laser Comp seems to be doing little more than gathering dust in the gear cave that is my spare room. I got to thinking about why this is the case, […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Early start on the Carricklittle trek. #Mourne’s #mountains #mournemountains https://t.co/0EIO9C8ZqB https://t.co/StiL5F1bUq about 18 hours ago
- No filters required, just a sense of adventure. Annalong valley, Mourne mountains #mountains #Irish #mournes… https://t.co/dPOws2zvXB 10:20:34 AM October 09, 2018
- The Carricklittle trek, Mourne mountains #mournes #mournemountains #hiking https://t.co/KlQJCZ1TDd https://t.co/MtiXAthgDO 09:20:50 PM October 03, 2018
- #Autumn is well and truly here! Time for crisp walks through fallen leaves. https://t.co/pqL2BASVCD https://t.co/bxprcFkqjU 10:20:50 AM October 01, 2018
- Best of luck to Hikersblog team member Eamonn who’s taking part in the Mourne mountain marathon #hikersblog… https://t.co/Fv6pV347GM 09:20:54 PM September 14, 2018