Throughout the past year there have been strange sightings of stars in the Mourne Mountains, and I’m not talking about the recent filming for the HBO Game of Thrones series. The stars that have been spotted are large in size, made out of concrete and have been found in a number of places in and […]
We had been experiencing extraordinarily good weather throughout the month of June and on the first day of July, the summer weather was just too good not to take advantage of. After mistakenly getting locked out of the car, we were on our way towards the Mourne Mountains in County Down, enjoying the summer weather […]
The view of the track in front of me blurred, as one or more of the rivulets of sweat streaming down my face, mixed with what was left of the factor 30, found its way into my eyes. The stinging necessitated a quick pit stop and a fumble for something, anything, to wipe my face, […]
Those of us who were lucky to be free that day decided to venture out into the Mourne Mountains with an aim of stretching the legs and perhaps enjoying some mountain views in the process. With time constraints somewhat limiting us, our route choices were somewhat limited, but that didn’t mean we couldn’t get a […]
Cnoc Mor nGaibblte This has to be one of my favourite hikes. It has something for everyone. Climbing from the north you have its steep rugged face taking on routes such as the Lough Curra gully or doing the horseshoe of Cush ,Galtybeg, Galtymore and then Slievecushnabinna each in their own right just has trying […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- John camped under Spellack on the Trassey trek last night. Campers take note, the Midges are back! #mournes #hiking… https://t.co/6bua9J1SWt 01:20:39 PM June 08, 2018
- Eamonn camped on on Slieve Corragh last night trying out the Vango Xenon UL 2 #vango #camping #mournes… https://t.co/KrnyTiqHE8 10:20:36 AM June 02, 2018
- We tried out the new Vango Mirage Pro 300 tent last night in the Mourne’s #camping #vango #mournes… https://t.co/gPk2StJ4wQ 02:22:14 PM April 25, 2018
- Today’s gateway to adventure #mournes #mournemountains #hiking https://t.co/xl3rZANfdb https://t.co/QgKF3nEYgt 08:39:12 PM April 19, 2018
- Towards Lower Cove, Mourne’s #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #osprey https://t.co/PCed7SGWxf https://t.co/Ba74ZtqB5E 07:43:36 PM April 16, 2018