Mourne Wall 5
The Mourne Wall. A 6ft tall, 100 year old, granite monster that spans 22 miles over exposed mountainous terrain and takes in over 15 summits in the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland. Oh, and it is also a stunning walking route. It was time to take on another challenge, something that would test our ability […]
I have been thinking recently about the nature of adventure and the thin veil that separates the foolhardy from the genuinely adventurous. I have pondered what makes the difference from an adventure to an ordeal? From a safe and boring trek to a real adventure that nourishes the Soul.
As we made our way up the path to the Lamagan/Binnian col, the rain started to get heavy again, the stinging droplets working their way through my already sodden jacket, wicking its way through the layers beneath, til its cold touch found bare skin. Apart from the odd cold spot though, the hike up the […]
Saint Patricks day saw me and a friend attempt to walk the length of the Mourne Wall, 22 miles over 15 mountains. We tried to have a crack at this in one day. The recent weather in Northern Ireland has been varied at best, in the last couple of months we’ve seen heavy snow, weeks […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018
- John camped on on Douglas Crag in the Mourne’s last night. #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #camping… https://t.co/WE9SlRXUcB 02:20:50 PM July 07, 2018
- HikersBlogs youngest member is impressed with the size of the @vango_outdoor Zenith 100 https://t.co/qmzYXYgH3B https://t.co/cvsNlpMESa 05:20:44 PM July 05, 2018