Hiking / Camping Tips 11
The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
It seems like yesterday I was taking off on my expedition for my bronze award, and even though it was over seven years ago, I still remember it vividly. There is plenty of room in your 70 litre rucksack I can remember thinking I needed a bigger rucksack as I jammed my equipment and clothing […]
Considering taking up winter landscape photography? Find what you need to get started with Oisin's quick guide to winter photography kit!
Our guide on how to choose a suitable sleeping bag for your outdoor adventures - and how to make the most of it!
Ah, wild camping. Waking up in the early hours of the morning to the sound of nothing but grass blowing in the breeze and a small stream trickling nearby, all while you’re still tucked up and warm in your sleeping bag. Not much can beat it, which is why hundreds, if not thousands each weekend […]
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
Five reasons to give the bivi bag a try in place of a tent. You never know - you might become a convert!
The long nights of summer are with us, get in shape for the hills with Claire's quick but effective hill-fit workout
The tick – bloodsucking antropods that love to feast on hillwalkers and their dogs and can carry potentially dangerous diseases. They live in long grasses and wait for their target to walk by before leaping onto exposed skin. Here in the UK and Ireland, ticks are often found on sheep, but can feed on any animal […]
The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Waiting for this amazing weather to return ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/pLsr97Te4h https://t.co/F9LELOyfrX 11:09:08 AM May 21, 2017
- The old water board gates surround the Mourne mountains and usually marks the beginning of an adventure.#mournes #…… https://t.co/upM73W57iX 06:05:21 PM May 19, 2017
- We love to get the family out and have a day in the mountains. #hiking #family #mournes https://t.co/ZeM5mNHKlY https://t.co/USnVAwY7em 11:29:41 AM May 17, 2017
- We had some awesome weather recently. We made the best of it with some wild camping in the Mournes. #hiking #camp…… https://t.co/ZpvOpSZzJV 08:26:53 PM May 13, 2017
- There's no place like the hills when the sun is out! ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/1QJZqwboP6 https://t.co/7MSoAAHrjf 07:03:06 PM May 08, 2017