Hiking / Camping Tips 11
The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
It seems like yesterday I was taking off on my expedition for my bronze award, and even though it was over seven years ago, I still remember it vividly. There is plenty of room in your 70 litre rucksack I can remember thinking I needed a bigger rucksack as I jammed my equipment and clothing […]
Ah, wild camping. Waking up in the early hours of the morning to the sound of nothing but grass blowing in the breeze and a small stream trickling nearby, all while you’re still tucked up and warm in your sleeping bag. Not much can beat it, which is why hundreds, if not thousands each weekend […]
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
The tick – bloodsucking antropods that love to feast on hillwalkers and their dogs and can carry potentially dangerous diseases. They live in long grasses and wait for their target to walk by before leaping onto exposed skin. Here in the UK and Ireland, ticks are often found on sheep, but can feed on any animal […]
The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Doan is a handy peak with majestic views across the Mournes #hiking #mournes #getoutdoors https://t.co/nf1CxyA35u https://t.co/2hjHSYGEUN 07:11:07 PM October 18, 2017
- We're field-testing the Thermarest NeoAir Voyager sleeping mat #thermarest #neoAir #camping .… https://t.co/QLrF8VnA20 12:55:17 PM October 12, 2017
- That feeling when you wake up to a great view https://t.co/tdu7G1iQRa https://t.co/d1EYvFnOjz 09:41:47 PM October 08, 2017
- Wild camping in the Mourne's this evening, anybody want to guess the spot? #mournes #camping #hiking… https://t.co/zGjwzmFyEz 01:16:53 PM October 05, 2017
- Slieve Lamagan is one of the most distinctive and magnificent mountains in the #Mournes. Which one is your favouri…… https://t.co/fBxS7Pthjd 09:05:16 PM September 26, 2017