Hiking / Camping Tips 11
The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
It seems like yesterday I was taking off on my expedition for my bronze award, and even though it was over seven years ago, I still remember it vividly. There is plenty of room in your 70 litre rucksack I can remember thinking I needed a bigger rucksack as I jammed my equipment and clothing […]
Ah, wild camping. Waking up in the early hours of the morning to the sound of nothing but grass blowing in the breeze and a small stream trickling nearby, all while you’re still tucked up and warm in your sleeping bag. Not much can beat it, which is why hundreds, if not thousands each weekend […]
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
The tick – bloodsucking antropods that love to feast on hillwalkers and their dogs and can carry potentially dangerous diseases. They live in long grasses and wait for their target to walk by before leaping onto exposed skin. Here in the UK and Ireland, ticks are often found on sheep, but can feed on any animal […]
The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Lovely evening for a walk along the Hen trek to Windy Gap #mournes #mountains #mournemoutains… https://t.co/TeJLTqWMQN 07:18:48 PM February 04, 2018
- The MSR Reactor stove is an essential piece of kit, what stove do you use? #camping #hiking #msr #MSR… https://t.co/07o18oJBz8 07:50:00 PM February 01, 2018
- The Carricklittle trek, gateway to the Mourne mountains.#mournes #camping #mountains https://t.co/NnVy5iRgEx https://t.co/KZBV6sqwgQ 08:10:10 PM January 28, 2018
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017