Hiking / Camping Tips 11
The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
It seems like yesterday I was taking off on my expedition for my bronze award, and even though it was over seven years ago, I still remember it vividly. There is plenty of room in your 70 litre rucksack I can remember thinking I needed a bigger rucksack as I jammed my equipment and clothing […]
Ah, wild camping. Waking up in the early hours of the morning to the sound of nothing but grass blowing in the breeze and a small stream trickling nearby, all while you’re still tucked up and warm in your sleeping bag. Not much can beat it, which is why hundreds, if not thousands each weekend […]
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
The tick – bloodsucking antropods that love to feast on hillwalkers and their dogs and can carry potentially dangerous diseases. They live in long grasses and wait for their target to walk by before leaping onto exposed skin. Here in the UK and Ireland, ticks are often found on sheep, but can feed on any animal […]
The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
- @vango_outdoor Nemesis 200, waterfall and moon overhead. Idyllic. Stormy night on the coast, will enjoy the shelter… https://t.co/4tjlT14A2J 09:20:42 PM March 17, 2019
- Room with a view https://t.co/mm8eqUMpZT https://t.co/MDX6RUBMfS 04:20:46 PM March 17, 2019
- We walked a section of the Lecale Way in County Down this morning. #ulsterway #walkni #lecale… https://t.co/k4apdo1FNA 08:27:47 PM February 17, 2019
- Nice Sunday walk onto Slieve Croob #mournes #hiking #ireland https://t.co/KOmAKRDP69 https://t.co/yOz5qcG9u2 09:20:45 AM February 11, 2019
- Starting 2019 as we mean to go on: On great routes, in great company. https://t.co/0I1Ajin2Ws https://t.co/IW7x7QKb86 07:20:59 PM January 06, 2019