There’s a lot more to a warm night’s sleep than just bringing along your warmest sleeping bag. Follow these simple tips to ensure the best possible night’s sleep on the trail and a productive next day. As someone who frequently camps both after and before a day’s work, or on multi day trips, I’m pretty […]
It was wet, very wet, and it was only getting wetter. The rain was pouring down and it was forecast to do so all weekend. We had made the long journey to Rostrevor on Friday afternoon and arrived in darkness. The rain was showing its effects in the local rivers as we soon noticed when […]
As it had been a couple of weeks since I had last been out for a camp, I decided a one nighter probably wasn’t going to do the trick. Already due to meet some of the others from HikersBlog on Saturday evening, I decided a camp on Friday night was also due. I packed the […]
The weather was looking good, it was a bank holiday weekend, that could only mean one thing: it was time to go camping. We packed our kit and enough food to do us for a night and a day, and traveled to Newcastle Co. Down, our usual starting point to the Mourne Mountains. We met […]
After a rather inopportune stomach bug forced me to cancel my plans for a two night bivvy last week, I was itching to get out for an overnighter. Rusty and Eamonn naturally obliged and on Saturday evening we made for Tollymore forest to begin our camp in the Mournes, on the edge of the Spinkwee […]
It seems I’ve become something of a convert to the joy of a good bivvy lately. Even with the less than ideal weather lately, my Laser Comp seems to be doing little more than gathering dust in the gear cave that is my spare room. I got to thinking about why this is the case, […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018
- John camped on on Douglas Crag in the Mourne’s last night. #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #camping… https://t.co/WE9SlRXUcB 02:20:50 PM July 07, 2018
- HikersBlogs youngest member is impressed with the size of the @vango_outdoor Zenith 100 https://t.co/qmzYXYgH3B https://t.co/cvsNlpMESa 05:20:44 PM July 05, 2018