There’s a lot more to a warm night’s sleep than just bringing along your warmest sleeping bag. Follow these simple tips to ensure the best possible night’s sleep on the trail and a productive next day. As someone who frequently camps both after and before a day’s work, or on multi day trips, I’m pretty […]
It was wet, very wet, and it was only getting wetter. The rain was pouring down and it was forecast to do so all weekend. We had made the long journey to Rostrevor on Friday afternoon and arrived in darkness. The rain was showing its effects in the local rivers as we soon noticed when […]
As it had been a couple of weeks since I had last been out for a camp, I decided a one nighter probably wasn’t going to do the trick. Already due to meet some of the others from HikersBlog on Saturday evening, I decided a camp on Friday night was also due. I packed the […]
The weather was looking good, it was a bank holiday weekend, that could only mean one thing: it was time to go camping. We packed our kit and enough food to do us for a night and a day, and traveled to Newcastle Co. Down, our usual starting point to the Mourne Mountains. We met […]
After a rather inopportune stomach bug forced me to cancel my plans for a two night bivvy last week, I was itching to get out for an overnighter. Rusty and Eamonn naturally obliged and on Saturday evening we made for Tollymore forest to begin our camp in the Mournes, on the edge of the Spinkwee […]
It seems I’ve become something of a convert to the joy of a good bivvy lately. Even with the less than ideal weather lately, my Laser Comp seems to be doing little more than gathering dust in the gear cave that is my spare room. I got to thinking about why this is the case, […]
I Field tested the snugpak Chrysalis 3 sleeping bag on a wild camp in the Mournes last weekend. The bag boasts all the features of a quality Snugpak mummy-style sleeping bag but the jumbo zip baffle can be opened out to give much more room within the sleeping bag by opening the expander panel which I […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017
- We camp out out all year round. #camping #hiking #getoutside https://t.co/HI7rNij5zS https://t.co/T4WuVB2Hhe 02:08:43 PM November 05, 2017
- The descent to Wee Binnian, Mourne mountains . #mournes #hiking #irish #mountains https://t.co/QJ2OryxsVA https://t.co/PoleaWLaZX 03:33:45 PM November 04, 2017
- The Shelter Stone is one of the best wild camping spots in the Mourne mountains #mournes #camping… https://t.co/N6fbjoz0Ie 09:33:22 PM October 20, 2017