Northern Ireland 8
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
We’ve been having an extraordinarily good period of weather over the past number of weeks – it seems that the season of Spring has finally arrived. Cold biting winds have turned into mildly warm breezes while daffodils have flowered in all their yellow glory. It has been a really nice time to be outdoors and […]
We had been experiencing extraordinarily good weather throughout the month of June and on the first day of July, the summer weather was just too good not to take advantage of. After mistakenly getting locked out of the car, we were on our way towards the Mourne Mountains in County Down, enjoying the summer weather […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
I recently made a return to an organised trail race after a long absence due to work. I must say that the Sea to Sky 10k was the perfect reintroduction. In organised races it’s often true that either the course is excellent and the organisation is poor or vice versa. In this case (the first […]
The Mourne Wall. A 6ft tall, 100 year old, granite monster that spans 22 miles over exposed mountainous terrain and takes in over 15 summits in the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland. Oh, and it is also a stunning walking route. It was time to take on another challenge, something that would test our ability […]
It’s been a pretty poor season for my hiking and outdoor activity recently. Work demands have played a big part in not getting the same time for the hills. I’m plagued with comparisons to my outdoor life last year in which I managed to get out and about far more often, increased my knowledge phenomenally […]
I set off for a Holiday to Rome recently full of dread and anticipation. That naggling feeling in the pit of your stomach sat heavy for many days before the holiday. Having agreed to participate in Rome Marathon many months previously, work commitments and life in general had conspired against my training. Worse still on […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Best of luck to Hikersblog team member Eamonn who’s taking part in the Mourne mountain marathon #hikersblog… https://t.co/Fv6pV347GM 09:20:54 PM September 14, 2018
- Sunrises in the Mourne’s are very special. #mournes #mournemountains https://t.co/GfmwlP63Mu https://t.co/9rX3WjrM2a 09:20:39 PM September 11, 2018
- Check out our review of the @ospreyeurope HikeLite 26 Day pack. https://t.co/lh3j8qaKCW https://t.co/zqMWAEibh9 https://t.co/crKXDU8Jig 10:20:43 PM July 10, 2018
- Hare’s-tail cotton grass, Mourne’s https://t.co/IdDvR6eqUc https://t.co/0Ii8VQRqWf 06:20:46 PM July 08, 2018
- We’re out walking part of the Burren Way in County Clare this weekend. The weather has been dry for some time and t… https://t.co/H61gP89f9l 02:20:52 PM July 07, 2018