Northern Ireland 8
Considering wild camping for the first time? Check out our recommended wild camping sites for first timers.
We’ve been having an extraordinarily good period of weather over the past number of weeks – it seems that the season of Spring has finally arrived. Cold biting winds have turned into mildly warm breezes while daffodils have flowered in all their yellow glory. It has been a really nice time to be outdoors and […]
We had been experiencing extraordinarily good weather throughout the month of June and on the first day of July, the summer weather was just too good not to take advantage of. After mistakenly getting locked out of the car, we were on our way towards the Mourne Mountains in County Down, enjoying the summer weather […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
I recently made a return to an organised trail race after a long absence due to work. I must say that the Sea to Sky 10k was the perfect reintroduction. In organised races it’s often true that either the course is excellent and the organisation is poor or vice versa. In this case (the first […]
The Mourne Wall. A 6ft tall, 100 year old, granite monster that spans 22 miles over exposed mountainous terrain and takes in over 15 summits in the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland. Oh, and it is also a stunning walking route. It was time to take on another challenge, something that would test our ability […]
It’s been a pretty poor season for my hiking and outdoor activity recently. Work demands have played a big part in not getting the same time for the hills. I’m plagued with comparisons to my outdoor life last year in which I managed to get out and about far more often, increased my knowledge phenomenally […]
I set off for a Holiday to Rome recently full of dread and anticipation. That naggling feeling in the pit of your stomach sat heavy for many days before the holiday. Having agreed to participate in Rome Marathon many months previously, work commitments and life in general had conspired against my training. Worse still on […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- The North Down coastal path is a highly accessible yet scenic stroll. Great for easing knots out of the legs after…… https://t.co/SXCRaBgmEs 12:34:54 PM September 12, 2017
- Meelmore Lodge makes a fantastic gateway to the Mournes, with free parking well off the road and good grub ☀️⛺️⛰… https://t.co/zpSlGqNL5i 07:29:43 AM September 12, 2017
- It's hard to beat that feeling when you know the clouds over camp are about to clear https://t.co/CSj4pljLEg https://t.co/MpaVmX2UKs 01:58:26 PM September 09, 2017
- We camped out in the Western Mournes last night. We're happy to report the midges were not a problem. #mountains #…… https://t.co/XYiwpC86QO 08:51:21 AM September 06, 2017
- It's been just over a month since we hiked the tremendous but taxing Bangor Trail. Check out Spuds immersive accou…… https://t.co/u5RlKJeVf4 02:14:48 PM August 13, 2017