Outdoor Editorial 3
The following poem by American Poet Robert Frost, for me, subtly encapsulates the spirit of adventure that drives my own meanderings and expeditions. Something in the lines capture a life of surprise and adventure if we only take the path less travelled by, a cornerstone of all our endeavours at Hikers Blog.
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Nice stroll through Tollymore forest this morning, before stopping for a brew of tea. #hiking #mournes #mountains… https://t.co/ex327t6J2u 01:09:00 PM March 13, 2018
- Doan was one of the first Mourne peaks I climbed. It has majestic views across the whole Mourne range #mournes… https://t.co/RAMRxq227t 06:20:48 PM March 11, 2018
- We had to abandon camping plans last week due to the bad weather, we'll be back out there soon enough! #mournes… https://t.co/JcmpnVbf9Q 05:35:14 PM March 04, 2018
- We enjoyed a good stretch of the legs in the Western Mourne's yesterday #mournes #hiking https://t.co/ULlKbb3csv https://t.co/ngXmi6UZH8 11:51:45 AM February 26, 2018
- Lovely evening for a walk along the Hen trek to Windy Gap #mournes #mountains #mournemoutains… https://t.co/TeJLTqWMQN 07:18:48 PM February 04, 2018