Outdoor Editorial 3
The following poem by American Poet Robert Frost, for me, subtly encapsulates the spirit of adventure that drives my own meanderings and expeditions. Something in the lines capture a life of surprise and adventure if we only take the path less travelled by, a cornerstone of all our endeavours at Hikers Blog.
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Waiting for this amazing weather to return ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/pLsr97Te4h https://t.co/F9LELOyfrX 11:09:08 AM May 21, 2017
- The old water board gates surround the Mourne mountains and usually marks the beginning of an adventure.#mournes #…… https://t.co/upM73W57iX 06:05:21 PM May 19, 2017
- We love to get the family out and have a day in the mountains. #hiking #family #mournes https://t.co/ZeM5mNHKlY https://t.co/USnVAwY7em 11:29:41 AM May 17, 2017
- We had some awesome weather recently. We made the best of it with some wild camping in the Mournes. #hiking #camp…… https://t.co/ZpvOpSZzJV 08:26:53 PM May 13, 2017
- There's no place like the hills when the sun is out! ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/1QJZqwboP6 https://t.co/7MSoAAHrjf 07:03:06 PM May 08, 2017