Outdoor Editorial 3
The following poem by American Poet Robert Frost, for me, subtly encapsulates the spirit of adventure that drives my own meanderings and expeditions. Something in the lines capture a life of surprise and adventure if we only take the path less travelled by, a cornerstone of all our endeavours at Hikers Blog.
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Slieve Lamagan is one of the most distinctive and magnificent mountains in the #Mournes. Which one is your favouri…… https://t.co/fBxS7Pthjd about 42 minutes ago
- Eamonns solid foam mat might take up more pack space, but he’s never had to worry about a puncture or rough ground…… https://t.co/q42SmCwky3 10:34:17 AM September 20, 2017
- The North Down coastal path is a highly accessible yet scenic stroll. Great for easing knots out of the legs after…… https://t.co/SXCRaBgmEs 12:34:54 PM September 12, 2017
- Meelmore Lodge makes a fantastic gateway to the Mournes, with free parking well off the road and good grub ☀️⛺️⛰… https://t.co/zpSlGqNL5i 07:29:43 AM September 12, 2017
- It's hard to beat that feeling when you know the clouds over camp are about to clear https://t.co/CSj4pljLEg https://t.co/MpaVmX2UKs 01:58:26 PM September 09, 2017