Outdoor Editorial 3
The following poem by American Poet Robert Frost, for me, subtly encapsulates the spirit of adventure that drives my own meanderings and expeditions. Something in the lines capture a life of surprise and adventure if we only take the path less travelled by, a cornerstone of all our endeavours at Hikers Blog.
The wind is howling. Horizontal rain flies into the side of buildings and the sky is grey. Despite this I sit quite comfortably observing some small garden birds busy at the new feeder and birdhouse I have installed. What’s even better is that I’m bone dry. This is all done from the comfort of my […]
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- There's something about sunshine and trees which makes for a really relaxing combination ☀️☀️☀️🌲🌲🌲… https://t.co/pNXbSDTMaF 06:02:57 PM June 24, 2017
- Love the Mournes when the sun starts to set ❤️ https://t.co/B6tL7Gj50f https://t.co/HEOR84PkGD 09:20:50 PM June 22, 2017
- It was a windy one on Slieve Commedagh last night. At times when it cleared the view was worth getting blown aroun…… https://t.co/vw9qN8fKIP 03:56:19 PM June 11, 2017
- Eamonn and Matthew are taking in one hell of a sunset on Binnian tonight! #hiking #camping https://t.co/dUlFSnprPX https://t.co/GRAPxGNILm 09:26:55 PM May 28, 2017
- Waiting for this amazing weather to return ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/pLsr97Te4h https://t.co/F9LELOyfrX 11:09:08 AM May 21, 2017