Eamonn bought a MSR Elixir II last year and has been using it extensively since. He shares his thoughts on its performance in this detailed review.
It’s been a quiet number of weeks with us lately; our work lives have been busy and our free time hasn’t fallen together into a period where we can all enjoy a camp together. Hopefully that will soon end and we can get some outings done over the winter holidays, but until then I’m going […]
The long established layering method is the best known way to dress functionally and appropriately for activities in the outdoors. For those new to hiking, this guide will establish the pros and cons of this method, some of the available choices and the commonly made mistakes when choosing clothing for the outdoors.
HikersBlog was an all-male team in its first year, but now with Claire joining us we’ll have some much needed input on all things female in the hiking and camping world. Also Claire’s background as a personal trainer ideally places her to write on matters relating to training and physical fitness. Welcome Claire to HikersBlog!
The following poem by American Poet Robert Frost, for me, subtly encapsulates the spirit of adventure that drives my own meanderings and expeditions. Something in the lines capture a life of surprise and adventure if we only take the path less travelled by, a cornerstone of all our endeavours at Hikers Blog.
Somewhere along the 18th mile of Rome Marathon the sensation of defeat hit me like a left hook to the jaw. What’s more this shot hit me in the Soul: down where it counts. Where it’s tricky to get at and fight back. Despite battling on and completing the Marathon, the source of the defeat […]
It was wet, very wet, and it was only getting wetter. The rain was pouring down and it was forecast to do so all weekend. We had made the long journey to Rostrevor on Friday afternoon and arrived in darkness. The rain was showing its effects in the local rivers as we soon noticed when […]
I was in search for a lightweight, no fuss, simple design pack and then I stumbled upon the Medusa. I discovered it offers this and then some more.. I’ve been using my Medusa 32L pack for close to a year now, it’s seen rain, hail, snow, and surprisingly more, even a bit of sunshine. In […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- There's something about sunshine and trees which makes for a really relaxing combination ☀️☀️☀️🌲🌲🌲… https://t.co/pNXbSDTMaF 06:02:57 PM June 24, 2017
- Love the Mournes when the sun starts to set ❤️ https://t.co/B6tL7Gj50f https://t.co/HEOR84PkGD 09:20:50 PM June 22, 2017
- It was a windy one on Slieve Commedagh last night. At times when it cleared the view was worth getting blown aroun…… https://t.co/vw9qN8fKIP 03:56:19 PM June 11, 2017
- Eamonn and Matthew are taking in one hell of a sunset on Binnian tonight! #hiking #camping https://t.co/dUlFSnprPX https://t.co/GRAPxGNILm 09:26:55 PM May 28, 2017
- Waiting for this amazing weather to return ☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/pLsr97Te4h https://t.co/F9LELOyfrX 11:09:08 AM May 21, 2017