Lightweight performance clothing and equipment brand Montane has become the first technical outdoor manufacturer to receive a Gore license in over a decade, marking its Autumn / Winter 2016 season as the debut for its new GORE-TEX® collection. The collaboration between Montane and the world’s leading developer of high performance textiles – W. L. Gore […]
Fermanagh’s Great Wall: 36 flights of steps to the top of Cuilcagh Mountain. A new boardwalk, already dubbed by locals as Fermanagh’s “great wall” has recently been completed on Cuilcagh Mountain in Co. Fermanagh. The project began in the summer of 2014 with collaboration from local landowners, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency and Fermanagh District […]
FOLLOW YOUR FEET TO ‘GIVE BACK TO NATURE ’ KEEN & RESPECT THE MOUNTAINS KICK OFF 2015 ENVIROTREK SERIES IN SNOWDONIA NATIONAL PARK, NORTH WALES Spend some time ‘Spring cleaning’ the Great Outdoors and enjoy a rewarding afternoon of fun outdoor activities by joining one of KEEN & Respect the Mountains Envirotrek Clean Up […]
Hi-Tec are extremely excited to team up with the National Trust and help support their work as a charity looking after some of the most spectacular walking locations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Putting a spin on the trend for footwear that supports the varied walking needs of today’s customer, Hi-Tec have created […]
Hum, corrie, spinney, karst and tor – a selection of just some of the unusual and rarely used words that describe the vast array of shapes and features that we find in the great outdoors. The Land Reader project is an ongoing effort to collect, organise and share all of these lesser used words in […]
The Peak District is going to become the first National Park in the United Kingdom to be digitally captured by the new off-road version of Google Street View. The off-road camera is capable of capturing 360-degree images and making the into an interactive digital service. This means that a selection of trails will be available […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- It's been just over a month since we hiked the tremendous but taxing Bangor Trail. Check out Spuds immersive accou…… https://t.co/u5RlKJeVf4 02:14:48 PM August 13, 2017
- Lovely day for it https://t.co/w4Eqg64ixY https://t.co/SOoqnkIrcx 09:47:45 PM August 12, 2017
- Chris has found a relaxing second purpose to waymarkers, much to Samantha's amusement 😂 https://t.co/5OzEkyoKcg https://t.co/sTHCBvyAZq 01:19:56 PM August 08, 2017
- What a view Spud and Chip had from their camp after the airshow on Saturday! https://t.co/pPaj0M4aFc https://t.co/V7kasTcboO 09:37:15 AM August 08, 2017
- The Brandy Pad is one of the finest walks in Ireland for great views, despite being quite an accessible and gentle…… https://t.co/Xg2pZg0qGn 09:20:53 PM August 04, 2017