The reservoir filled the floor of the valley below, the water like a huge sheet of beaten metal in the grey of the morning. It lay like the blade of a vast jagged dagger, snapped off at the hilt in some long forgotten giants battle, and cast down in the shadow of the mountains. Above it lay the mighty bulk of Binnian, its crested peak dominating the landscape. Beside it I could see the steeply sloping pyramid of Lamagan, the two massive mountains framing a lovely view of blue lough, illuminated by some golden shafts of sunlight which had managed to pierce the grey in that solitary spot. Then onwards down towards the sea, where a distant lonely boat, a speck of white on the dark sea, made its way slowly along the coast. Not a bad view to open your tent door to in the morning!!
Home Doan Go Changing
Doan Go Changing
You Might Also Like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- When you see a view like this seconds after opening your eyes, opting for the Bivi bag is worth it… https://t.co/mIhK7k82CC 11:48:23 AM July 19, 2019
- #WhyCarryWater @watertogo #FilterItDontLugIt https://t.co/UmvqfilRKO https://t.co/h2eKbZ1Aid 09:19:29 AM July 14, 2019
- Spectacular view towards Commedagh from the saddle 😂 https://t.co/r1hcjPH4oG https://t.co/RN8ihIq8Lz 06:55:22 PM July 12, 2019
- Any guesses where the guys spent Friday night? https://t.co/1e0Ybjcwfi https://t.co/9Tiv116kA0 01:11:34 PM June 23, 2019
- Marvellous view last night https://t.co/QTPjLBMZ49 https://t.co/Ct8HRKOSUN 11:26:18 AM May 24, 2019