The reservoir filled the floor of the valley below, the water like a huge sheet of beaten metal in the grey of the morning. It lay like the blade of a vast jagged dagger, snapped off at the hilt in some long forgotten giants battle, and cast down in the shadow of the mountains. Above it lay the mighty bulk of Binnian, its crested peak dominating the landscape. Beside it I could see the steeply sloping pyramid of Lamagan, the two massive mountains framing a lovely view of blue lough, illuminated by some golden shafts of sunlight which had managed to pierce the grey in that solitary spot. Then onwards down towards the sea, where a distant lonely boat, a speck of white on the dark sea, made its way slowly along the coast. Not a bad view to open your tent door to in the morning!!
Home Doan Go Changing
Doan Go Changing
You Might Also Like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Woods are special places when last light starts to cast that golden hue between the trees. This shot barely does it… https://t.co/gbe26Yj5iR 10:37:06 PM May 17, 2019
- @vango_outdoor Nemesis 200, waterfall and moon overhead. Idyllic. Stormy night on the coast, will enjoy the shelter… https://t.co/4tjlT14A2J 09:20:42 PM March 17, 2019
- Room with a view https://t.co/mm8eqUMpZT https://t.co/MDX6RUBMfS 04:20:46 PM March 17, 2019
- We walked a section of the Lecale Way in County Down this morning. #ulsterway #walkni #lecale… https://t.co/k4apdo1FNA 08:27:47 PM February 17, 2019
- Nice Sunday walk onto Slieve Croob #mournes #hiking #ireland https://t.co/KOmAKRDP69 https://t.co/yOz5qcG9u2 09:20:45 AM February 11, 2019