The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
THE AIR WAS HEAVILY SCENTED WITH THE ODOUR OF WOOD SAP AS WE RAMBLED ALONG THROUGH THE NOW FAMILIAR TOLLYMORE PATH, ALL AROUND US TIMBER HAD BEEN FALLEN, TRIMMED AND STACKED NEATLY READY TO BE TRANSPORTED TO AWAIT ITS FINAL USE. Nearing the end of April we had been rewarded with a high-pressure system of weather […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Lovely evening for a walk along the Hen trek to Windy Gap #mournes #mountains #mournemoutains… https://t.co/TeJLTqWMQN 07:18:48 PM February 04, 2018
- The MSR Reactor stove is an essential piece of kit, what stove do you use? #camping #hiking #msr #MSR… https://t.co/07o18oJBz8 07:50:00 PM February 01, 2018
- The Carricklittle trek, gateway to the Mourne mountains.#mournes #camping #mountains https://t.co/NnVy5iRgEx https://t.co/KZBV6sqwgQ 08:10:10 PM January 28, 2018
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017