The pine trees swayed in choreographed unison, dancing to their own swishing soundtrack, driven by the invisible conductor of the breeze hitting the far edge of the forest. The occasional groan and creak came from less able members of the tall congregation, as if complaining about not being able to keep time with their neighbours. […]
THE AIR WAS HEAVILY SCENTED WITH THE ODOUR OF WOOD SAP AS WE RAMBLED ALONG THROUGH THE NOW FAMILIAR TOLLYMORE PATH, ALL AROUND US TIMBER HAD BEEN FALLEN, TRIMMED AND STACKED NEATLY READY TO BE TRANSPORTED TO AWAIT ITS FINAL USE. Nearing the end of April we had been rewarded with a high-pressure system of weather […]
Never miss an article!
- We walked a section of the Lecale Way in County Down this morning. #ulsterway #walkni #lecale… https://t.co/k4apdo1FNA 08:27:47 PM February 17, 2019
- Nice Sunday walk onto Slieve Croob #mournes #hiking #ireland https://t.co/KOmAKRDP69 https://t.co/yOz5qcG9u2 09:20:45 AM February 11, 2019
- Starting 2019 as we mean to go on: On great routes, in great company. https://t.co/0I1Ajin2Ws https://t.co/IW7x7QKb86 07:20:59 PM January 06, 2019
- We had planned to camp out last night, but thought it better to listen to the storm warning and gale force winds mo… https://t.co/tWOuyXLgaO 05:20:41 PM December 15, 2018
- Nice waking up in Annalong valley this morning #camping #mournes #mournemountains https://t.co/ZBc764qkpw https://t.co/00HNjIwJ1q 02:20:47 PM November 11, 2018