They say everyone walks the Camino De Santiago in Spain for their own reasons. A year after the trip I still search for those reasons for walking and am still looking forward to returning to do the Camino again. Travelling to Santiago De Compostella is easy enough: just takes a little bit of time. Myself […]
I have been thinking recently about the nature of adventure and the thin veil that separates the foolhardy from the genuinely adventurous. I have pondered what makes the difference from an adventure to an ordeal? From a safe and boring trek to a real adventure that nourishes the Soul.
Those of us who were lucky to be free that day decided to venture out into the Mourne Mountains with an aim of stretching the legs and perhaps enjoying some mountain views in the process. With time constraints somewhat limiting us, our route choices were somewhat limited, but that didn’t mean we couldn’t get a […]
It’s been a pretty poor season for my hiking and outdoor activity recently. Work demands have played a big part in not getting the same time for the hills. I’m plagued with comparisons to my outdoor life last year in which I managed to get out and about far more often, increased my knowledge phenomenally […]
As we made our way up the path to the Lamagan/Binnian col, the rain started to get heavy again, the stinging droplets working their way through my already sodden jacket, wicking its way through the layers beneath, til its cold touch found bare skin. Apart from the odd cold spot though, the hike up the […]
Saint Patricks day saw me and a friend attempt to walk the length of the Mourne Wall, 22 miles over 15 mountains. We tried to have a crack at this in one day. The recent weather in Northern Ireland has been varied at best, in the last couple of months we’ve seen heavy snow, weeks […]
I recently purchased a Gerber Remix Tactical Knife as a general outdoors knife and I have to say I’m quite impressed. The finish was razor sharp straight from the factory and the folding mechanism worked perfectly without the need for additional lubrication: a common flaw reported with the Gerber Tactical Knife.
After a few days of really excellent weather in Belfast, Rusty, Oisin and I decided to head to the mournes for a quick walk, starting at Meelmore Lodge. While there was still a chill to the air, the clear sky and constant sun was a welcome lift to the spirits, even if the constant haze […]
- Any guesses where the guys spent Friday night? https://t.co/1e0Ybjcwfi https://t.co/9Tiv116kA0 01:11:34 PM June 23, 2019
- Marvellous view last night https://t.co/QTPjLBMZ49 https://t.co/Ct8HRKOSUN 11:26:18 AM May 24, 2019
- It’s a fantastic day to be out in the hills! https://t.co/2yr6UpxDvg https://t.co/zuarD6KWg7 11:26:11 AM May 23, 2019
- Woods are special places when last light starts to cast that golden hue between the trees. This shot barely does it… https://t.co/gbe26Yj5iR 10:37:06 PM May 17, 2019
- @vango_outdoor Nemesis 200, waterfall and moon overhead. Idyllic. Stormy night on the coast, will enjoy the shelter… https://t.co/4tjlT14A2J 09:20:42 PM March 17, 2019