Slieve Binnian 8
“Reaching the summit crest a biting south easterly gale greeted us” It’s been around three years since I last camped on Slieve Binnians summit. Joined by most of the Hikersblog team and a few friends we ventured off from Carricklittle following the track which borders the wall. The weather was changeable with intermittent light showers […]
” The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry ”-Robert Burns Armed with a HD action camera, we had intended to film the setting sun from Binnian’s summit tor towards Slieve Muck. Parking just off the Carricklittle track, we crossed through the familiar iron gate marked by Belfast water commission (B.W.C). Ahead, […]
As we made our way up the path to the Lamagan/Binnian col, the rain started to get heavy again, the stinging droplets working their way through my already sodden jacket, wicking its way through the layers beneath, til its cold touch found bare skin. Apart from the odd cold spot though, the hike up the […]
Saint Patricks day saw me and a friend attempt to walk the length of the Mourne Wall, 22 miles over 15 mountains. We tried to have a crack at this in one day. The recent weather in Northern Ireland has been varied at best, in the last couple of months we’ve seen heavy snow, weeks […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- We tried out the new Vango Mirage Pro 300 tent last night in the Mourne’s #camping #vango #mournes… https://t.co/gPk2StJ4wQ about 21 hours ago
- Today’s gateway to adventure #mournes #mournemountains #hiking https://t.co/xl3rZANfdb https://t.co/QgKF3nEYgt 08:39:12 PM April 19, 2018
- Towards Lower Cove, Mourne’s #mournes #mournemountains #hiking #osprey https://t.co/PCed7SGWxf https://t.co/Ba74ZtqB5E 07:43:36 PM April 16, 2018
- Sunset at the Shelter Stone, Mourne’s #camp #mournes #hiking https://t.co/NxhxNtfqnL https://t.co/inRkAO88a3 07:23:52 PM April 11, 2018
- Today’s welcoming committee #hike #mournemountains #mournes https://t.co/YxJKwKXWfv https://t.co/RBsdaewBfd 04:56:39 PM April 09, 2018