It was Friday afternoon when Ed, Dave and myself met each other outside Belfast’s City Hall during our lunch break. The sun was beating down and the workforce were out in their numbers relaxing on the grass around the city’s iconic building. It was during this break in our day that we decided that we […]
Leaving work on a Friday with a rucksack in hand and glorious weather bathing down on you is something that very few will experience. Thankfully for Ed, Dave and myself, we happened to be one of few who were experiencing just that as we made our way North East to Garron Point in the Glens […]
“For the end of November the weather is very mild” I stated as I stared out the tent porch and into the grassy patch of Earth in front of me. Right I was, 9 degrees Celsius is nearly tropical when you’re used to freezing outside in the wind and rain – thankfully the overcast skies […]
We were leaving the forest car park just as the Autumnal sun was beginning to set, and its golden light cast over every tree we could see before us. It was a beautiful sight, and a very pleasant start to our first camp of the Autumn. Up until now our September has been very mild, […]
Nights spent inside sitting on the sofa were starting to bore me. I hadn’t spent a night outdoors in over a month and my regular walks along the coast just didn’t quite fulfill my desire for remote open places. This was playing on my mind for a few days until I woke up one morning […]
The jet stream has moved north and we have finally had a glimpse of spring. I love the season changes, especially the spring when the nights lengthen out past 6pm which means longer walking and later pitching on camping trips. The weekend weather was looking good, sunshine, clear skies with a bit of wind but […]
Having been asked to cover someone’s late shift at work on Thursday, I decided my new found freedom on Thursday morning should be used for something worthwhile. In no time at all a camp was arranged at the shelter stone at Ben Crom, with Spud, Oisin and John. The weather looked set to make a […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Nice waking up in Annalong valley this morning #camping #mournes #mournemountains https://t.co/ZBc764qkpw https://t.co/00HNjIwJ1q 02:20:47 PM November 11, 2018
- Playground for those who seek adventure #mournes #mournemountains #hiking https://t.co/cdfYF25yqi https://t.co/NblXRAZMhD 06:20:39 PM October 27, 2018
- Moody shot of the Mournes in the distance by @belfast_and_the_rest https://t.co/XKSbjTy52P https://t.co/8m8MSIJTcV 04:20:44 PM October 23, 2018
- Early start on the Carricklittle trek. #Mourne’s #mountains #mournemountains https://t.co/0EIO9C8ZqB https://t.co/StiL5F1bUq 03:20:47 PM October 22, 2018
- No filters required, just a sense of adventure. Annalong valley, Mourne mountains #mountains #Irish #mournes… https://t.co/dPOws2zvXB 10:20:34 AM October 09, 2018