Gear Review 20
The Vango Banshee 200 is a well-known name in the camping communities, and I was excited to try one out for the first time when David from Outdoor World Direct offered me a chance to get my hands on one in return for a review. At the time of writing with over 15 wild camps […]
Oisin has put the Force Ten Vortex 200 geodesic tent through its paces in every kind of weather. Check out his review of this behemoth tent
Oisin reviews the Target Dry Summit Jacket, an insulating all-in-one shell.
Craghopper’s has always been a brand that I’ve been a fan of, their products could be described as a foundation to many hillwalker and outdoor lover’s wardrobe and I probably wouldn’t be over estimating if I told you that I’ve been wearing their trousers exclusively for close to seven years now. But it wasn’t until […]
Considering an insulated jacket? Eamonn has been wearing the Mountain Equipment Fitzroy for over four years. Testing doesn't get much more extensive than that!
Oisin has been using the Cerro Torre rucksack as his main load-lugger since October 2013. Here he shares his thoughts from extensive testing.
I purchased this tent in 2011 when looking for a reasonably sized backpacking tent to use for wild camping, hiking and general all round use. At the time I had never owned a tunnel tent before and felt hesitant about it’s strength; needless to say that after years of use I have realised it is […]
I’ll start this review with a short preface to let you know that I find my hands to be the hardest parts of my body to keep warm when outdoors; for some it is their feet, for others their head, but for me it is my hands. I’ve bought and used cheap gloves and expensive […]
Having owned several cheaper waterproof jackets over the years, I thought it was high time for an upgrade, and made the decision to purchase a quality, reliable jacket from an industry leading brand such as Rab. All the previous waterproof jackets I owned had lacked breathability, which resulted in walks outside ending with me […]
I knew next to nothing when I first stumbled out alone into the Mourne Mountains with no idea, no equipment and nothing to sustain me except that golden beginners enthusiasm. Luckily one piece of kit was about to come my way that would change everything.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- RT @SockMine: Ready for your hike this summer? Check out our top ten essentials https://t.co/SAUaw1g7Lc https://t.co/73LUWmfA1Z about 9 hours ago
- When you're walking all day through blanket bog the last thing you need is to carry all your water. @watertogo… https://t.co/ZFpnGZMjim 09:52:01 AM July 08, 2017
- The @vango_outdoor Nemesis 200 may be heavy, but it's an unassailable brute. Comfortable and spacious whatever th…… https://t.co/u0orVfWHA5 07:04:31 PM July 06, 2017
- There's something about sunshine and trees which makes for a really relaxing combination ☀️☀️☀️🌲🌲🌲… https://t.co/pNXbSDTMaF 06:02:57 PM June 24, 2017
- Love the Mournes when the sun starts to set ❤️ https://t.co/B6tL7Gj50f https://t.co/HEOR84PkGD 09:20:50 PM June 22, 2017