The Vango Banshee 200 is a well-known name in the camping communities, and I was excited to try one out for the first time when David from Outdoor World Direct offered me a chance to get my hands on one in return for a review. At the time of writing with over 15 wild camps […]
There are some days that I feel like leaving the house to go hillwalking covered head to toe in waterproof overalls, wearing big boots and ready to do battle the elements. There are however other times when I feel the need to strip away the extras and wear only the bare minimum of what I […]
When people first decide that they want to try their hand at spending a night outdoors in a bivi bag, the Alpkit Hunka is often of the most recommended choice. It’s a brilliant budget option and folds down into its own stuff sack, so it is easy to see why so many people recommend it. […]
Outdoor nutrition tends to focus on carbs, carbs and more carbs. Usually the simpler the better. Looking for something a little more balanced I tried Wholly Oats by Optimum Nutrition.
As this was my first time using a tunnel tent I was rather excited that I might actually be able to lie out straight in it, which is a bonus when you are 6’2”! Two man tent All in one pitching Total weight: 3.10kg Pack size: 44 x 15cm Pitching time: 10mins 105 H […]
When I decided I was going to get a new waterproof jacket I was quite specific as to what it needed to do. Firstly and most importantly it needed to be waterproof and wind proof with the ability to breathe. Next up was the fit. I am a size 12 but always struggle to get […]
I knew next to nothing when I first stumbled out alone into the Mourne Mountains with no idea, no equipment and nothing to sustain me except that golden beginners enthusiasm. Luckily one piece of kit was about to come my way that would change everything.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Lovely evening for a walk along the Hen trek to Windy Gap #mournes #mountains #mournemoutains… https://t.co/TeJLTqWMQN 07:18:48 PM February 04, 2018
- The MSR Reactor stove is an essential piece of kit, what stove do you use? #camping #hiking #msr #MSR… https://t.co/07o18oJBz8 07:50:00 PM February 01, 2018
- The Carricklittle trek, gateway to the Mourne mountains.#mournes #camping #mountains https://t.co/NnVy5iRgEx https://t.co/KZBV6sqwgQ 08:10:10 PM January 28, 2018
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017