The Vango Banshee 200 is a well-known name in the camping communities, and I was excited to try one out for the first time when David from Outdoor World Direct offered me a chance to get my hands on one in return for a review. At the time of writing with over 15 wild camps […]
Oisin finally decided to try something different from his usual Kiwi Stretch trousers. He's given the Steal a thorough testing in a range of conditions
Ed reviews the Antares HD by Therm-a-rest. A three season sleeping bag which straps to your sleeping mat for comfort, featuring Hydrophobic down and a reflective foil liner for added heat.
There are some days that I feel like leaving the house to go hillwalking covered head to toe in waterproof overalls, wearing big boots and ready to do battle the elements. There are however other times when I feel the need to strip away the extras and wear only the bare minimum of what I […]
When people first decide that they want to try their hand at spending a night outdoors in a bivi bag, the Alpkit Hunka is often of the most recommended choice. It’s a brilliant budget option and folds down into its own stuff sack, so it is easy to see why so many people recommend it. […]
Looking for an affordable, capacious rucksack made from robust materials? Check out our review of the Vango Contour 60+10
Outdoor nutrition tends to focus on carbs, carbs and more carbs. Usually the simpler the better. Looking for something a little more balanced I tried Wholly Oats by Optimum Nutrition.
As this was my first time using a tunnel tent I was rather excited that I might actually be able to lie out straight in it, which is a bonus when you are 6’2”! Two man tent All in one pitching Total weight: 3.10kg Pack size: 44 x 15cm Pitching time: 10mins 105 H […]
When I decided I was going to get a new waterproof jacket I was quite specific as to what it needed to do. Firstly and most importantly it needed to be waterproof and wind proof with the ability to breathe. Next up was the fit. I am a size 12 but always struggle to get […]
I knew next to nothing when I first stumbled out alone into the Mourne Mountains with no idea, no equipment and nothing to sustain me except that golden beginners enthusiasm. Luckily one piece of kit was about to come my way that would change everything.
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- RT @SockMine: Ready for your hike this summer? Check out our top ten essentials https://t.co/SAUaw1g7Lc https://t.co/73LUWmfA1Z about 9 hours ago
- When you're walking all day through blanket bog the last thing you need is to carry all your water. @watertogo… https://t.co/ZFpnGZMjim 09:52:01 AM July 08, 2017
- The @vango_outdoor Nemesis 200 may be heavy, but it's an unassailable brute. Comfortable and spacious whatever th…… https://t.co/u0orVfWHA5 07:04:31 PM July 06, 2017
- There's something about sunshine and trees which makes for a really relaxing combination ☀️☀️☀️🌲🌲🌲… https://t.co/pNXbSDTMaF 06:02:57 PM June 24, 2017
- Love the Mournes when the sun starts to set ❤️ https://t.co/B6tL7Gj50f https://t.co/HEOR84PkGD 09:20:50 PM June 22, 2017