Trip Report 98
After witnessing the strength of the wind and rain on Horn Head the previous day, we didn’t feel guilty at all about staying in a B&B the night before. As much as we would have loved to camp in the wild landscape of Donegal, the weather was simply not permitting and we agreed that we […]
We awoke to a dull and cloudy morning and peered out the condensed perspex window from the sleeping cabin we had stayed in the night before. It all started with the intention of camping and making our way around County Donegal ticking off some walks as we went, but the weather had different plans for us […]
Storm Frank was forecast to sweep across Ireland and bring with it high winds and heavy rain, and it just so happened that it timed its visit perfectly with the date we had set to get outdoors for a night. With the idea of camping pretty much ruled out, we thought we would make the […]
The weather was forecast for heavy rain all throughout the weekend, and the weatherman certainly didn’t get it wrong. On my way to and when I arrived at Roe Valley Country Park the first thing I noticed was just how much the trees had changed in the past couple of weeks – I’m sure it […]
Having previously passed it before while walking the Causeway Way, Port Moon Bothy always stood out to me as somewhere that would be a great place to stay a night. Eventually with some time freed up, and a little planning, Ed, Chris and I booked the bothy and made our way towards the North Coast. […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- Lovely evening for a walk along the Hen trek to Windy Gap #mournes #mountains #mournemoutains… https://t.co/TeJLTqWMQN 07:18:48 PM February 04, 2018
- The MSR Reactor stove is an essential piece of kit, what stove do you use? #camping #hiking #msr #MSR… https://t.co/07o18oJBz8 07:50:00 PM February 01, 2018
- The Carricklittle trek, gateway to the Mourne mountains.#mournes #camping #mountains https://t.co/NnVy5iRgEx https://t.co/KZBV6sqwgQ 08:10:10 PM January 28, 2018
- Hikersblog enjoyed a camp in the Mourne's last night #camping #ireland #hiking #mountain https://t.co/HaGIvPYP8L https://t.co/iKkHkfiQN1 08:03:38 PM November 26, 2017
- All this talk about Christmas has us thinking about snow ! #mournes #snow #hiking https://t.co/GzneUeezj7 https://t.co/cdVbQeqmCx 05:39:34 PM November 09, 2017