Trip Report 97
After witnessing the strength of the wind and rain on Horn Head the previous day, we didn’t feel guilty at all about staying in a B&B the night before. As much as we would have loved to camp in the wild landscape of Donegal, the weather was simply not permitting and we agreed that we […]
We awoke to a dull and cloudy morning and peered out the condensed perspex window from the sleeping cabin we had stayed in the night before. It all started with the intention of camping and making our way around County Donegal ticking off some walks as we went, but the weather had different plans for us […]
Storm Frank was forecast to sweep across Ireland and bring with it high winds and heavy rain, and it just so happened that it timed its visit perfectly with the date we had set to get outdoors for a night. With the idea of camping pretty much ruled out, we thought we would make the […]
The weather was forecast for heavy rain all throughout the weekend, and the weatherman certainly didn’t get it wrong. On my way to and when I arrived at Roe Valley Country Park the first thing I noticed was just how much the trees had changed in the past couple of weeks – I’m sure it […]
Having previously passed it before while walking the Causeway Way, Port Moon Bothy always stood out to me as somewhere that would be a great place to stay a night. Eventually with some time freed up, and a little planning, Ed, Chris and I booked the bothy and made our way towards the North Coast. […]
“Reaching the summit crest a biting south easterly gale greeted us” It’s been around three years since I last camped on Slieve Binnians summit. Joined by most of the Hikersblog team and a few friends we ventured off from Carricklittle following the track which borders the wall. The weather was changeable with intermittent light showers […]
Watch our videos!
Never miss an article!
- It's been just over a month since we hiked the tremendous but taxing Bangor Trail. Check out Spuds immersive accou…… https://t.co/u5RlKJeVf4 02:14:48 PM August 13, 2017
- Lovely day for it https://t.co/w4Eqg64ixY https://t.co/SOoqnkIrcx 09:47:45 PM August 12, 2017
- Chris has found a relaxing second purpose to waymarkers, much to Samantha's amusement 😂 https://t.co/5OzEkyoKcg https://t.co/sTHCBvyAZq 01:19:56 PM August 08, 2017
- What a view Spud and Chip had from their camp after the airshow on Saturday! https://t.co/pPaj0M4aFc https://t.co/V7kasTcboO 09:37:15 AM August 08, 2017
- The Brandy Pad is one of the finest walks in Ireland for great views, despite being quite an accessible and gentle…… https://t.co/Xg2pZg0qGn 09:20:53 PM August 04, 2017